Register in advance using the provided Zoom link.
CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVAL: 1.70 Contact Hours will be awarded. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
Nurses should only claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation of this activity and complete an evaluation form.
This session meets content requirements for annual MI/BAP training.
BCBSM requires annual training in MI/BAP and CC/HL/TB for PCMH Capabilities 11.1. and 11.8.
– Identify key components of the spirit/style of motivational interviewing
– Demonstrate the use of OARS
– Learn how to identify and respond to change talk
– Learn how to effectively handle resistance
– Gain understanding of how motivational interviewing provides the foundation for Brief Action Planning (BAP)
– Describe/demonstrate setting an Action Plan